We are comparing bulked segregants of resistant and susceptible genotypes.
First I'll start by importing the sequencing data from MSU RTSF FTP
Now we have all the files we need to check the md5 check sum
Unzip all files
I wrote a shell script to do this in the background. The reason I want to redo this is because I learned the hard way that recreating the gz files takes a realllly long time. The problem is that when I want to submit the reads to the SRA, we want to do this in gz format. Another way would be to gunzip while keeping the original using to -k (keep) flag.
Anyway here's the sh --it doesn't work, i dont feel like figuring it out now.
Well also the ftp is empty now.... so I guess we need to remake the gz....